Friday 1 May 2009

Terrathorn

Wow, for once I have something of interest to post about, or at least of interest to me. There's a local band where I'm from called Terrathorn. They have been around quite a while; I remember the first time I saw them live was at a charity concert at a town hall supporting a Ska punk band. For a pretty brutal thrash outfit this struck me as unusual, and I was very young at the time (still in school) so they blew my mind all over the walls. Terrible mess.

Anyway, I've seen them at regular intervals ever since and gotten to know them quite well. That is, until about 8 months ago when they seemed to just disappear. Turns out they were recording an album, and I caught they're first show back last night. It was the most violent local gig I’ve been to in a long time, and they're new material sounded amazing, although they didn't neglect to play the old classics Unit and Jane. None of their new stuffs up, but you can check them out at their MySpace.

Anyway, here's a video of them live. I can't listen to it as I'm at work and this PC has no sound, but the quality's probably terrible and it doesn't look like one of their more lively shows anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment