Monday 6 April 2009

Frakking hell, another week.

Well I've had a fairly eventful weekend, in my love life at least. I came dangerously close to getting back together with my ex on Friday night, by which i mean i almost slept with her, then realized that would be a chronically bad idea and extremely hazardous for my mental health and made myself scarce sharpish. This decision obviously caused her to throw a massive tantrum, from which she is still recovering today. So then, feeling kind of low, I started talking to another girl and got myself a date later on in the week. Happy days, so long as i can keep the ex from scaring her off, which she's managed to do in the past. Hell hath no fury... But other than that a pretty standard weekend, I drank and spent too much as usual. I really need to learn to spend less money.

On a lighter note, I found out today that Hitler had a dog called Blondi, which is what a lot of people call me (although usually spelt Blondey or Blondie) due to the color of my hair. This amused me, being immature and un-politically correct.

For lack of anything better to write about; My current favorite lunchtime distraction is Crossfire, a free FPS based around multiplayer battles between terrorist and counter-terrorist squads. It plays like Unreal Tournament crossed with Counter Strike - Realistic weapons, exp points to spend on equipment and bomb disposal missions, but with large health bars, continuous respawning and fast paced gameplay. The graphics leave something to be desired, but that's just as well as my work PC has an Nvidia 5500 GPU (mid-range when it first came out, now 6 years old). Aside from the clunky graphics, a lot of the character animations look stupid, there's no physics that I've noticed and it takes a little too long to build up the EXP to buy new weapons. All in all it isn't a brilliant game, but you get what you pay for and it passes the time.

Also, Brain Drill are officially fucking awesome and everyone who doesn't already have it should rush out right now and buy Apocalyptic Feasting because it's amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment