Friday 3 April 2009

That Friday Feeling

Good morning my imaginary friends, how's life in fabricationville? Things are well out here in the real world. I've been off work for the last two days with an acute inability to keep food inside me, an ailment i suspect can be attributed to the barely warm (temperature wise anyway) Vindaloo I consumed on Tuesday evening. Perversely however, I've been mostly free of the typical symptoms of food poisoning, specifically those relating to fecal matter and it's lack of solidity, so it hasn't been too bad. I'm one of those strange people who actually enjoys vomiting. There's something enormously satisfying about it, almost cleansing, your body convulsing and rejecting all the bad stuff inside. Afterwards you're left with a bizarre euphoria, glad the ordeal is over and feeling empty yet brimming with potential. There must be some kind of chemical release immediately after throwing up, because you always feel like you could punch through a brick wall. Then again, maybe that's just me.

Apparently there's a fire on the London Underground today. I can't see anything on the website, the only delay announced there is due to a signal failure on the Bakerloo Line, but I've been handling a fault on a point-to-point leased line near London Bridge today which I'm reliably informed is part of a major service outage caused by a fire on the tube. This one’s probably going to drag out for ages too, as the engineers who are supposed to be fixing it can't get access until the fire service give the all clear that the area is safe, which is going to take about five days. The upside of that is, if I can talk my boss into letting me be on call this weekend, I could have 62 hours of overtime. That's... A whole lot of money for doing fuck all. It does mean I won't be going out this weekend, but the money's so worth it.

This is kind of old now but it still makes me lol. COWS GO MOOOOO WHEN THEY POOOOO!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment