Wednesday 18 March 2009

First Post... Continued

Right, I mentioned I was working full time at the moment and that I had some adventures planned, so I thought I'd elaborate a little on both.

I work for a small ISP, we mostly serve businesses with Internet and VPN solutions as well as the usual web hosting and email service malarkey and loads of other random crap. I'm 1st/2Nd line technical support, so when something breaks and a customer phones in, I pretty much do everything from answer the phone to fix the bastard. Oh, and i hate my job.

That's work covered, now for the adventure! On the 5Th of June 2009 I will be leaving work
for the last time to embark on a summer filled with festivals, traveling and anarchy. First up is the Download festival at the legendary Castle Donnington, then soon after that I'll be flying out to Helsinki, Suomi Finland. From there I start an epic Viking pilgrimage through Finland, Norway, Sweden and Denmark, traveling mostly by train, finishing in North Germany for Wacken Open Air, the largest metal festival in Europe. After the heavy metal onslaught that is Wacken I'll be heading back to English shores for Bloodstock Open Air, a smaller and lesser known but equally brutal metal festival.

When it's all over, after two months of rampaging through Europe in a sonic frenzy of hair and steel, I'll have the best part of a month to catch my breath, so I'll probably need to find some local part-time work to keep myself liquored up. Then I'll be off to university. I have a place at Brighton Uni, studying Digital Media, which covers pretty much everything I do in my spare time (while sober at least) so, combined with standard student antics, should make for an entertaining three years.

I've been working 9 to 5 since I left college almost two years ago, and I've really come to hate it. A lot has happened since then and I've generally become a lot less happy with life due to various reasons; women, terminal illnesses in the family, etc, etc. I'm sick of the monotony of the weekly routine I'm subject to. Monday to Friday i get up, go to work, come home, sit about, sleep, repeat. At the weekends I drink myself under the table by night and sleep by day. I guess it's the same for 90% of the modern world, but I refuse to accept that this is all there is to life. I figured, if you hate something, change it. So I'm shaking things up a bit, quitting my job and going in a completely different direction. Despite everything I'll be doing in the coming months, the thing I'm looking forward to the most is getting out of gainful employment and no longer being a wage slave.

Bring on the Summer. Bring on the sun, booze, bitches, blood and BATTLE METAL!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment