Monday 30 March 2009

Urgh...

Went out Saturday night for someone’s birthday celebrations, and I'm still feeling a little hung over today. If I never see another Tequila Slammer it'll be too soon. It was quite an epic evening really, definitely worth the hangover, and that didn't even kick in until yesterday evening. I was fine most of Sunday, I even went for lunch at my Cousin's and was cheery and sociable, it wasn't until i got home that The Beast of the Previous Nights Many Poisons reared its ugly head. Strangely enough, I didn't throw up until about 1am this morning and haven’t slept much since then which probably explains why I feel like shit now. I guess this is what they call a "Ninja Hangover" - One that appears with deadly intent when you least expect it, just when you think you're safe.

Not much else to report. Killshot is a pretty good film, I love Mickey Rourke. Prodigy's new album is also rather good. Not my usual taste but everyone loves The Prodigy and they're excellent live.

My brother, who has until recently been working in Dubai, got made redundant a few days ago due to this "economic readjustment", as they call it over there. It's a shame, I went and visited last winter and Dubai is an amazing place. It's pretty much a huge city built entirely over the last 10-15 years that just rose up out of the desert when the UAE found out they had oil, so everything is new and makes for a bizarre mixture of modern western and traditional Arab culture. On the plus side, the firm he was working for has to give him 3 months pay in lieu of notice and cover the costs for his flight back to Australia, where he was working before moving to Dubai. He has a house in Aus still and can probably find work there without too much trouble knowing him, so this isn't even close to being a bad hit for him. Even better, he'll be going back to Aus via the UK, so I get to hang out with him and my Nephew for a while in May. I'd better book some time off.

I like this picture, it makes Dubai look like something from Blade Runner and the tall building in the background looks a bit like The Citadel from Half Life 2.

No comments:

Post a Comment