Tuesday 31 March 2009

Tattoos

I've been thinking about getting a few tattoos for a while now, trouble is they're so fucking expensive. Everything else I have no problems with - pain, blood, sitting still for hours on end - but the costs seem insane to me. Of course it depends entirely on where you go, where one place quoted me £140 another quoted £60, so I am currently searching for somewhere with a good enough price/quality and cleanliness ratio.

My current favorite ideas are:

A set of Norse Runes, probably as a band round my upper arm. This is a quote from Havamal, a book of practical and metaphysical advice supposedly writted by Odin himself, reading "He doesn't flee from fire who leaps over it". This is the original text in Old Icelandic converted to the elder futhark runic alphabet by yours truely (I hope fairly accurrately), not an English translation. I was thinking I might get this in Norway or Sweden in the Summer, for added Nordic Authenticity.


This is another of my long-standing favorites. I'll probably have it changed slightly to fit a half sleeve, with the extending bit on the right going out over my collar bone to the middle of my chest. I came accross the design on DeviantArt a while ago and emailed the guy who made it to see if he minded me using it, but he never replied. As you can see, it doesn't mean anything but it does look cool.






And finally I was thinking about getting this on the back of my calf. It's the Municipal Waste logo =D

No comments:

Post a Comment